DCNS in brief
A GROUP OPERATING ON 4 CONTINENTS
DCNS in France
DCNS is a company with a global presence. Its activity on the international stage accounts for 50% of the company’s income. With its 12,953 staff members, the Group is active in some 17 countries via joint ventures, subsidiaries or representative offices and implements a policy of responsible and sustainable international growth. The Group involves its local industrial partners in all its programmes and assists clients with their technological development.
BREST 2,620 staff members
Services and marine renewable energy
CHERBOURG 2,110 staff members
LORIENT 1,960 staff members
Naval surface systems
NANTES-INDRET 1,080 staff members
Submarines and R&D
PARIS – BAGNEUX – ISSY-LESMOULINEAUX – MARSEILLE 950 staff members
Head Office/Information and surveillance systems/Renewable marine and civil nuclear energies
RUELLE 840 staff members
Submarines, simulators and training
OLLIOULES 920 staff members
Information and surveillance systems
TOULON 2,060 staff members
SAINT-TROPEZ 270 staff members
Subsidiaries and joint-ventures
FRANCE – EUROPE
SIREHNA (100%), FRANCE
– Development of dynamic ship positioning solutions as well as stabilisation and landing systems for marine, aerial and land vehicles and drones. Technological studies and research in naval hydrodynamics.
DÉFENSE ENVIRONNEMENT SERVICES (49%), FRANCE
– Multiple service and multiple technique infrastructure management (in partnership with Veolia Environnement).
OPENHYDRO GROUP LIMITED (62.4%), IRELAND
– Design and construction of tidal turbines. OpenHydro is the technological and commercial leader on the tidal turbine energy market.
KERSHIP (45%), FRANCE
– Design and construction of medium tonnage ships for coastal patrols and surveillance (in partnership with Piriou).
PRINCIPIA SAS (33.3%), FRANCE
– A company specialising in naval and nuclear engineering and expertise.
DCNS | ANNUAL CORPORATE AND SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY REPORT 2015 52